02 03 RiggstownRoad: Adventures for Kids, Without Doing a Thing 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Adventures for Kids, Without Doing a Thing

34
It's about that time again...
when we can all kick up our feet and relax a little.



You know, in between gardening (I'm really good at growing weeds), beach-going, spring cleaning (yes, I do mine in the summer), and finishing all those projects I have lined up.

My kids have big summer plans, and I'm sure yours do, too.

But just in case you have some down time, or the occasional rainy day...

I have something really fun to share with you!

We discovered Adventures in Odyssey when my oldest was 5 or 6 years old.  She's now 22.
It's still going strong, and we still love it.

Back then, we listened to the show (and a few others) every Saturday morning on the radio.
Raise your hand if you think radio drama is the coolest!
Occasionally we'd pick up a new episode on cassette tape at the local Christian bookstore, and I also ordered some sets as gifts.  We even sometimes got them as treats in Chick Fil A kids' meals!

But the times, they are a-changin', and now, we can listen to the show online, whenever we want.  There is even an app for listening on the go.


https://www.oaclub.org/
source

I wanted to share this with you, because our family has enjoyed it so much.  The voice-acting is great, the plots are interesting, and the characters are always learning moral lessons through their adventures in the make-believe town of Odyssey.   If your kids are like mine, they will love going on these adventures right along with the funny, endearing characters in the show, and as a mama, you'll love that you don't have to do a thing, but listen along with them!

Perfect thing to do on a hot afternoon when everyone's exhausted from all the other fun summer stuff.  (And it's so much better than most of the junk on TV!)  Your whole family could even snuggle up together and listen to an episode at bedtime.  It's that good.

All you have to do is sign up at the Odyssey Kids Club at the link I've included.  By joining, you get access to hundreds of episodes, which means all the old ones and the new ones coming out every week.  I recommend scrolling to the bottom and listening to them in order, because, well it's just better that way. And I'm a little ocd. ;)

Best part- the membership is only $15 a month AND right now, you can join for $5 (first month only.)  That is pretty cheap for unlimited, year-round adventures!  (When summer is over, and the weather outside is miserable, and the kids are fighting- I mean, having animated discussions over little things, this is a handy option to have.)  Also, kids love anything called a "club."

 Go HERE to check it out for yourself, and to sign up if you're interested.

 
By the way, I'd love to know if you and your family are Odyssey fans, too, or if you're hearing about it for the first time. 
Happy listening!

*I received no compensation for this promotion; I just love the program and wanted to share it with you. :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38